rcski77

Registered Member

Lead

Jan 13 11 7:27 PM

Tags : : , , , , ,

I'm curious as to what people's opinions of the AES software are nowadays. I know it used to be quite unpolished even up to just a year or two ago, and I have read as many of the complaints on the forums as I could, but there doesn't seem to be much said about it anymore. I use the program frequently and always take notes about anything I don't like or new ideas for making it better, but I'm interested in what other people would like to see too, as I only see it from my own point of view.
Quote    Reply   

Penguin

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Jan 14 11 5:20 AM

I think it is easier to reserve rooms on AES than on THS.

I wish they would post tournament schedules more quickly.

Quote    Reply   

Falconvbdad

Registered Member

#2 [url]

Jan 14 11 7:41 AM

Agree with the Penguin

Penguin wrote:
I think it is easier to reserve rooms on AES than on THS.

I wish they would post tournament schedules more quickly.
Totally agree, never a quick schedule with either of these!
Smile

Quote    Reply   

gobears1

Registered Member

#3 [url]

Jan 14 11 11:35 AM

same....they have some future tourneys up but not all of them.
There is a HUGE boy's tourney starting tomorrow in Anaheim and nothing is up as current or future.

If they don't have current rosters, fine, put up the rest of it and add the missing info on Day 1 of the tourney. The pools and brackets are available in other places earlier, but one has to go scrambling around to find them.....if AES wants to be the go to site for boys and girls, they need to get their info up faster.

Quote    Reply   

courtmama

Registered Member

#4 [url]

Jan 14 11 3:34 PM

SCVA Boy's Invitational now up on AES.

It seems latemess has as much to do with tourney directors/committees than AES.

Does it seem that SCVA hosted events (JNQs, Girls LV Classic, Boys Invitational, Soiree) seem to go up
later relative to the event start date than events hosted by other regions/organizations?

Quote    Reply   

rcski77

Registered Member

#5 [url]

Jan 15 11 10:39 AM

Lateness

When the schedule shows up is completely dependent upon tournament directors or whoever is in charge of putting the schedule together. This past year I scheduled 3 of the biggest tournaments in the country (AAU Nationals, AAU State in Michigan, and the Lakeshore Volleyfest in Michigan) and we had every one of those up more than a week in advance. It really just has to do more with who is doing the scheduling than AES itself.

Quote    Reply   

CLBIGDOG

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Jan 17 11 9:46 AM

AES Changes

It seems that up until recently (last year), one could go into AES and find the year-to-date results for individual teams with their search features.  I don't see that functionality anymore.  Does anyone know why that feature was removed?

Quote    Reply   

courtmama

Registered Member

#7 [url]

Jan 19 11 12:32 PM

Results Page - Work Around

CLBIG DOG - I'm not sure why AES removed the menu option, but you can still access the results page via:
https://www.advancedeventsystems.com/Public/EventResults.aspx

Note that generally only AES events will appear (e.g. no 2011 Fiesta Classic) and that the season is still very young so most teams will not have any results posted yet.

Quote    Reply   

VBStatman

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Jan 19 11 1:17 PM

AES

Doesn't the completeness, the accuracy and the timeliness of the information submitted by the tournament hosts and/or club directors drive when and what appears on AES, leaving AES dependent on data they don't necessarily get or get on time?

Had an interesting example this past weekend of a quick posting to AES.  The tournament hosts, whose club team my DD was playing, presumedly posted the results of the match before the match was over - one of the parents stumbled on the info while looking for other results during the match.  My DDs team came from a set down to win in 3, but guess which team was listed early as the winner on AES. 

Does anyone have the data submission standards published by AES?  Is there an AES rep out there who can explain?  Would be interesting.

Quote    Reply   

dilbertwasright

Registered Member

#9 [url]

Jan 19 11 3:16 PM

VBStatman wrote:

Doesn't the completeness, the accuracy and the timeliness of the information submitted by the tournament hosts and/or club directors drive when and what appears on AES, leaving AES dependent on data they don't necessarily get or get on time?

Had an interesting example this past weekend of a quick posting to AES.  The tournament hosts, whose club team my DD was playing, presumedly posted the results of the match before the match was over - one of the parents stumbled on the info while looking for other results during the match.  My DDs team came from a set down to win in 3, but guess which team was listed early as the winner on AES. 

Does anyone have the data submission standards published by AES?  Is there an AES rep out there who can explain?  Would be interesting.

Not sure what you mean by "data submission standards".  Unless GIGO is the standard.

I have worked with AES.  There is a score entry screen.  You select the match, then the winner, and then you enter the scores of the match.  It's pretty simple.

If you enter the wrong match, winner, or scores, then the system displays the wrong result.  there is nothing fancy about the results entry page.

Quote    Reply   

VBStatman

Registered Member

#10 [url]

Jan 20 11 7:12 PM

AES Controls

dilbertwasright, what type of clearance is required to enter data?  Does it require a club director or his/her designee?  A simple password that can be passed around to anyone?  Seems kind of haphazard given that players, coaches, parents, recruiters, etc. rely on this information.  By data standards I mean are there protocols in place or is the system largely self policing, i.e. if I see an incorrect result, I tell someone to change it?  I have to say whatever the standards are, I do appreciate the quickness and availability of the results at the qualifiers.  Keeps us informed of the schedule, matchups, etc.   

Quote    Reply   

lovenumber4

Registered Member

#15 [url]

Jan 21 11 11:36 AM

I don't like how difficult it is to print a schedule from AES.  Anyone have ways to print it in a different format than how they are posted?

Quote    Reply   

oldguy27

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Feb 2 11 1:31 PM

Educated Guess

I have nothing to do with AES or the tourney, but my guess is that a bunch of teams dropped out at the last minute and they had to redo the schedule.

Quote    Reply   

clubballmom

Registered Member

#18 [url]

Feb 2 11 3:14 PM

oldguy27 wrote:
I have nothing to do with AES or the tourney, but my guess is that a bunch of teams dropped out at the last minute and they had to redo the schedule.

It's an ongoing tournament, so I can't imagine that happened.  Very odd.  

*It's back up now. Maybe the rolling blackouts took it down.  Laugh

Last Edited By: clubballmom Feb 2 11 5:21 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

VBRagdad

Registered Member

#19 [url]

Oct 20 11 12:15 PM

AES changes again?

CLBIGDOG wrote:
It seems that up until recently (last year), one could go into AES and find the year-to-date results for individual teams with their search features.  I don't see that functionality anymore.  Does anyone know why that feature was removed?

CLBIG DOG - I'm not sure why AES removed the menu option, but you can still access the results page via:
https://www.advancedevent...Public/EventResults.aspx.

OK, now does anyone have the scoop on how to get the past year to date results?

FOUND IT - same page, look for the RED plus sign on the "Results filter" line to the far right of the page.

Last Edited By: VBRagdad Oct 20 11 12:41 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help