VBinCP

Registered Member

#41 [url]

Aug 20 08 7:06 AM

Well all ready we have some upsets.......

Penn lost to Northwood 22-25, 22-25, 25-18, 25-21, 13-15

and

South Bend St. Joe lost to New Prairie 25-16, 25-21, 25-20

Quote    Reply   

jhermit

Registered Member

#42 [url]

Aug 20 08 8:49 AM

Avon over Center Grove 3-1 (25-18, 22-25, 25-17, 30-28)

Hamilton Southeastern over Carmel 3-0 (don't have the game scores)

Quote    Reply   

Homer

Registered Member

#43 [url]

Aug 20 08 9:29 AM

Floyd Central

#4 Floyd Central over Kentucky #9 ranked Butler 25-18, 25-14. (Kentucky public schools play 2 out of 3)

Quote    Reply   

volleyballer62

Registered Member

#44 [url]

Aug 20 08 9:39 AM

Providence faces it's first real test early as they travel to Chatard (ranked 6th in 3A) and Brebeuf (ranked 2nd in 3A) this Saturday. It doesn't get any easier after that as they come home to face Floyd Central (ranked 4th in 4A) on Tuesday Aug 26th. This is going to be a very exciting year in 2A as there are 4 or 5 strong teams that have the chemistry to win it all.

Quote    Reply   

Manykills

Registered Member

#49 [url]

Aug 23 08 8:35 AM

Preseason Polls

No one should panic yet. Preseason polls are nothing more than guesses based on past performances. The REAL polls will be the W-L records posted over the next few weeks. Things will start to shake out after we see how they perform over the upcoming weeks. I'm glad to see the revised poll dropped Center Grove from the top 10. That one made no sense at all, especially since Center Grove's libero was recruited away by Brebeuf.

Quote    Reply   

Slicer13

Registered Member

#50 [url]

Aug 23 08 4:16 PM

LaPorte WINS The LP Showdown

LaPorte wins the LP Showdown today sweeping West Lafayette,Goshen,East Chicago Central and Kankakee Valley all in 2 games.
MVP of the tourney: Hannah Hunnicutt
Congrats to the Team!

Quote    Reply   

VBinCP

Registered Member

#51 [url]

Aug 24 08 5:32 AM

Congrats to HANNAH!! Hard work and believing in yourself will ALWAYS make you a winner!

At Marquette

Elkhart Memorial swept through the field and defeated host Marquette in 2 in the final.

Third place Chesterton

Fourth place Crown Point

Last Edited By: VBinCP Aug 24 08 5:34 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

moveurfeet

Registered Member

#52 [url]

Aug 24 08 8:42 AM

The usual HS VB powers in Indiana had better beware of Elkhart Memorial. The Chargers are back with a vengeance and off to a 6-0 start. Memorial barely broke a sweat against the likes of 3A power Mishawaka Marian and perrenial 1A Champion Marquette Catholic. No disrespect intended to these two great programs, they each have some great talent. But, Memorial has a multi-headed beast of an offense and a fundamentally improved defense this year. Coach Rost and Coach Himschoot have done a great job of building on last years already solid team - and the disappointment of letting the 2007 state title game slip away will only serve as fuel to power this team toward another title shot.
I'm looking forward to watching the Top 100. Seems like the preseason ranking of Elkhart Memorial at #32 and Indy Cathedral at #15 might change a bit. Cathedral had better watch their backs!

I'm new to the site and looking forward to a lot of spirited debate on the "finer points" of HS VB.

Quote    Reply   

ktb182

Registered Member

#53 [url]

Aug 24 08 11:42 AM

That was a tad disrespectful........If your new to the site be nice...........I learned my lesson the hard way! You are most certainly correct about Memorial, they are loaded. I am sure Mishawaka HS is kicking it self in the rear for letting Himschoot go, their program will never be the same. Don't get me started with Mishawaka Marian, they played unprepared and they were 10 steps behind the entire match. This is coaching........... It is a dissapointment to me as my daughter was there for 4 years and I love all the girls.

Quote    Reply   

moveurfeet

Registered Member

#54 [url]

Aug 24 08 2:01 PM

My apologies ktb. Upon reading my 1st post, it was a bit over the top. I certainly mean no disrespect toward any program...certainly not toward Marian. Actually, Marian has pretty much owned Elkhart Memorial over the last few seasons. You were kind not to remind me of this! So please know that I have much respect for Mishawaka Marian. I know a few Marian folks and they are great people. I should have conveyed more tatsefully that beating Marian is a big deal because Marian is a worthy opponent and they are a joy to watch. I can understand your affection for that team. I have no doubt that Mishawka Marian will have another great season.
I am certainly a big fan of the Chargers, but I'm not into beating down any body elses team or individual players. I may tend to get a bit fired up but I always try to remind myself no to be....that guy. Best of luck to all of the Marian girls.

Quote    Reply   

ktb182

Registered Member

#55 [url]

Aug 24 08 3:39 PM

Your right, I think Marian has defeated Memorial the last 4 seasons (: it was their turn! Jackie and John are FANTASTIC coaches and people, they are well deserving of another awesome season. For 4A my moneys on the chargers!

Quote    Reply   

moveurfeet

Registered Member

#58 [url]

Aug 25 08 6:23 AM

4A Title

Elkhart Memorial is off to a 6-0 start. Sweeping both Marquette and Mishawaka Marian so far. I really think they are even stronger than last year. Brittany Anglemeyer, their Jr. middle, is really showing her stuff. The Chargers get my vote to win state in 4A. Cathedral is such a powerhouse they are always a factor. Will New Castle be back? I thought they were returning all but two girls, same as Elkhart Memorial. Muncie Central, Avon? I do hear quite a bit about Terre Haute South, but know nothing about them. How about Carmel? I would also think that Floyd Central will be in the hunt.

Quote    Reply   

moveurfeet

Registered Member

#60 [url]

Aug 25 08 6:12 PM

4A

Wow , Cathedral does appear to be loaded - that is an impressive roster. They are always a force to be reckoned with, so I'm not suprised. I'm hoping to get a preview of Cathedral this Saturday at the Mishawaka Invite. Not much in the way of competition, but it would still be nice to see how Cathedral looks. I've not heard a lot on Muncie Central, or Avon so far. Elkhart Memorial swept Marquette on Saturday after doing the same to Marian on Thursday. Memorial looks very impressive early on, and with 2 months to keep working it?
I gotta go with the Chargers.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help