Tags : :
Las Vegas Unsigned Senior Showcase is ON!!!
When the Southern California Volleyball Association, which runs the Las Vegas Classic every President’s Day Weekend, lost the Las Vegas Convention Center as host site, it threw the tournament and the PrepVolleyball.com Unsigned Senior Showcase, which has piggybacked on it the past seven years, into limbo. In late September, the SCVA announced that it had secured a new host site, the World Market Center Pavilions, and now I am thrilled to announce that the Unsigned Senior Showcase, which will stage at Cashman Field Center, will go on as well!
Because we have only learned in the past hour about the availability of Cashman for the USS, we will wait to release further details about the Showcase in the coming weeks. Here is what we know now:
1. The Showcase will take place on Friday, February 14 at Cashman Field Center, 850 N. Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas NV. What a perfect day to make a love connection with a college or university!
2. Ki Yi, the director at Saddleback Valley Volleyball Club, who has run the Showcase with precision the past three years, will return as Head Trainer.
3. Dan Kaplan of CBound.com, a free, online resource to help parents and athletes learn more about the collegiate volleyball recruiting process, will provide FREE recruiting seminars for parents while the seniors participate.
4. The Unsigned Senior Showcase has been held at Cashman four times before. Historically, we use 18 courts in three waves: 4:30, 6:00 and 7:30.
5. Expect the Showcase to cost up to $60 for non-members of PrepVolleyball.com and up to $30 for current subscribers.
Here is some other general information about the Showcase:
*It is for high school SENIORS ONLY (Class of 2014)
*It is only for unsigned, uncommitted seniors
*Last year’s event drew 750 participants and more than 200 college coaches
*Players will work out by position and then play a modified six-on-six
*We will email jump test data and contact information gathered from the Showcase to every college and university in the country
*Participants will receive a Senior Showcase T-shirt
Talk about the Showcase:
“I liked how it was organized by positions,” said American University (Washington, D.C.) assistant coach Sarah Bernson. “We got to see lots of reps. There were some players there that I knew about beforehand, so I got a chance to see their reps. There are a few others that I will follow now that I did not know before.”
“Without question the kids are getting an opportunity to be seen,” said Cal State San Bernardino coach Kim Cherniss. “If a kid’s good enough, and there’s a coach looking for someone in that position, they should get picked up here.”
“Your event has been the best recruiting tool for me the past three years,” said Matt Cohen of St. Johns River State College. “Even with the move to Florida, the USS led me to five of my current players.”