JTawa

Registered Member

Administrator

Lead

Dec 6 13 11:51 AM

Tags : :

2014 Las Vegas Unsigned Senior Showcase is ON!!!

When the Southern California Volleyball Association, which runs the Las Vegas Classic every President’s Day Weekend, lost the Las Vegas Convention Center as host site, it threw the tournament and the PrepVolleyball.com Unsigned Senior Showcase, which has piggybacked on it the past seven years, into limbo.  In late September, the SCVA announced that it had secured a new host site, the World Market Center Pavilions, and now I am thrilled to announce that the Unsigned Senior Showcase, which will stage at Cashman Field Center, will go on as well!

Because we have only learned in the past hour about the availability of Cashman for the USS, we will wait to release further details about the Showcase in the coming weeks. Here is what we know now:

1. The Showcase will take place on Friday, February 14 at Cashman Field Center, 850 N. Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas NV. What a perfect day to make a love connection with a college or university!

2. Ki Yi, the director at Saddleback Valley Volleyball Club, who has run the Showcase with precision the past three years, will return as Head Trainer.

3.  Dan Kaplan of CBound.com, a free, online resource to help parents and athletes learn more about the collegiate volleyball recruiting process, will provide FREE recruiting seminars for parents while the seniors participate.

4. The Unsigned Senior Showcase has been held at Cashman four times before. Historically, we use 18 courts in three waves: 4:30, 6:00 and 7:30.

5. Expect the Showcase to cost up to $60 for non-members of PrepVolleyball.com and up to $30 for current subscribers.

Here is some other general information about the Showcase:

*It is for high school SENIORS ONLY (Class of 2014)
*It is only for unsigned, uncommitted seniors
*Last year’s event drew 750 participants and more than 200 college coaches
*Players will work out by position and then play a modified six-on-six
*We will email jump test data and contact information gathered from the Showcase to every college and university in the country
*Participants will receive a Senior Showcase T-shirt

Talk about the Showcase:

“I liked how it was organized by positions,” said American University (Washington, D.C.) assistant coach Sarah Bernson. “We got to see lots of reps. There were some players there that I knew about beforehand, so I got a chance to see their reps. There are a few others that I will follow now that I did not know before.”

“Without question the kids are getting an opportunity to be seen,” said Cal State San Bernardino coach Kim Cherniss. “If a kid’s good enough, and there’s a coach looking for someone in that position, they should get picked up here.”

“Your event has been the best recruiting tool for me the past three years,” said Matt Cohen of St. Johns River State College.  “Even with the move to Florida, the USS led me to five of my current players.”

Quote    Reply   

Ramsden4

Registered Member

#1 [url]

Dec 9 13 9:53 AM

Hi all, first time post here. I am very interested in this showcase and have a question for those who know. I am a setter from Canada and I am wondering if this showcase is exclusive for USA residents, or if someone like myself from Canada can also sign up to participate? Thank you in advance for your response.

BTW, it is nice to see such interest in the sport of volleyball, and so much information to go through.

Quote    Reply   

roberttsd

Registered Member

#6 [url]

Dec 15 13 8:14 PM

Registration open date

When will the registration open for this event? I am an 18's travel team coach from San Diego and want to make sure my girls are ready.

R/

Rob

Quote    Reply   

Ramsden4

Registered Member

#8 [url]

Jan 10 14 8:57 AM

JTawa wrote:
It's only a concern if you're traveling by moose.

Is there any other method of transportation?

Signed, sealed, and to be delivered. See you in Las Vegas.

Quote    Reply   

JTawa

Registered Member

#11 [url]

Jan 15 14 9:49 PM

Not more than 90 minutes

Yes, but it is not ideal. The notion is for coaches to watch you play in this setting then watch you compete with your club for the next three days.

Quote    Reply   

JTawa

Registered Member

#13 [url]

Jan 29 14 4:33 PM

No. We hire staff, buy tshirts and bibs based on the number who register. You can still pick up your t-shirt though. It's quite nice! And the subscription to Prep is something you should have had all along.

Quote    Reply   

Ramsden4

Registered Member

#14 [url]

Mar 1 14 3:49 PM

JTawa wrote:
No. We hire staff, buy tshirts and bibs based on the number who register. You can still pick up your t-shirt though. It's quite nice! And the subscription to Prep is something you should have had all along.

Now I am just wondering where the stats for each player are online, I can't seem to find any on myself. I got more interest from colleges than I thought I would and they are still trickling in. This has provided better recognition than I have received previously, plus it was way easier to reach a targeted group of colleges as they signed on the Unsigned Senior Showcase. So a big thanks for putting this showcase on.

Last Edited By: Ramsden4 Mar 1 14 3:53 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Ramsden4

Registered Member

#16 [url]

Mar 2 14 11:38 PM

JTawa wrote:
The "stats" have been sent to college coaches. They are not available online.

Does that mean that the 'stats' aren't being sent to the individuals?

Quote    Reply   

JTawa

Registered Member

#17 [url]

Mar 3 14 4:14 PM

Correct

It's just jump touch. Send me an email if you want your kid's. john@prepvolleyball.com

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help